Wednesday, November 02, 2005

News & Stuff

North of Infinity III

The reading period for NOI 3 closed on October 31, 2005

There's certainly no shortage of high quality and wonderful submissions to North of Infinity III: Parnassus Unbound. I did a bit of a marathon session of readings, making notes for each tale, and am now starting to play catch-up on getting back to contributors. But I still am several weeks away from getting through the first read-through of submissions.

I've broken down and started using a basic "form letter" for both rejections as well as "further consideration" pieces (I'm holding the best submissions until after the reading period closes and making the final selection from the short-listed tales, picking stories not just based on their own merit, but also on how they fit together as a whole). While I'm not a fan of form letters, it's certainly helping me get caught up, and I hate keeping contributors waiting.


North of Infinity II

I'm in the process of doing the final read-through and edit for North of Infinity II: Plus ca Change. It's going well, I've received some up-to-date biographical sketches from contributors, but I still have a few to gather.

The timelines are that I should have the final ms over to Mosaic Press for mid-November, and the planned publication date within Canada for this antholgy should be early Winter 2006, with a U.S. release date of mid-summer 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home